Thursday, January 11, 2007

Santa Maria Maggiore

This is an incredible church, with beautiful papal altar enclosing relics of the Manger of the Nativity, it houses the remains of St. Pius V and numerous relics of St. John Borromeo and other great saints. I will write more later.

I have arranged 3 masses for these intentions to be said at Santa Maria Maggiore:
Repose of the Soul of Frances McDonald
Intentions of the McDonald family of Winnipeg, Canada
Intentions of the Park family and my friends of the Diocese of Galveston-Houston

The masses will be said in August.

This afternoon I'm going to visit the catacombs.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maria Maggiore was just about my favorite too! Unfortunately, the whole thing was covered in scaffolding getting ready for the jubilee year. It looks like I'll have to go back and see it in all it's glory!

9:32 AM  
Blogger danvalley52 said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

2:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home